The Entrepreneurship Summit this year brought in participants and start-ups from diverse domains and geographies across India in good numbers.The summit started with Pride & Passion: A Guest Speaker Session. The guests for the day were: Mr. Mahantesh G K, Founder, Managing Trustee at Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled. Mr.Yeshwanth, the Founder of The ThickShake Factory.
The esteemed speakers addressed an enthusiastic audience and shared their life stories with them. Eclectica – the discussion conclave was another event added to the cohort of the events under ESummit this year. Eclectica 1.0 was graced by some of the Industry stalwarts from the Pharma sector. The theme for this year was -The Road Ahead for the Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Industry in India - A Talent Landscape Perspective. A keynote speech was delivered by Mr. Abhay K Srivastava, Chief Talent Officer & Sr. Vice President - HR, Cipla followed by a panel discussion. The discussion gave the students an insight into the world of Pharma.
The different competitions as part of E-Summit 2019 were:
- Udaan - The Business Plan Competition.
- Prayaas - was a case study challenge presented by I Gift Life, an organ donation non-profit organization.
- Jugaad - The Fund Raiser was an exciting event where the finalists had to sell certain products in the city.
- RunBhoomi - A strategy based virtual IPL auction was a thrilling event where the teams contested closely till the very last round.
- Revive and Thrive, a brand-new event under the E-Summit banner, gave an opportunity to the participants to work out solutions for reviving a failed startup.
- Merge-It, was a Merger and Acquisitions based strategy simulation. It demanded participants to analyse and present the case study in a limited time frame.
- The most popular attraction during the three-day event was the SymbiHaat – Symbi’s own flea market.
- Entrepreneurship Summit 2019 also witnessed the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) of SIBM collaborate and organize various national level competitions.
With such a diverse range of competitions, the Entrepreneurship Summit helped inspire and spread the culture of entrepreneurship among the students present at the Lavale campus.